It’s not often something is this easy. We often think of DIY gifts as requiring a bit of craft talent, planning, and a good chunk of time. These easy DIY coconut melts are super easy though, so make them whenever you need a great gift quickly. Birthdays, Valentines, anniversaries, and Christmas need never go giftless when you can throw these together in less than 10 minutes.
Not only are these coconut melts easy to make but they have so many different uses, hence why they make great gifts. Drop one in your bath to really relax, use one in the shower for super soft skin, spend some quality time with your partner using one as a massage melt, or simply use as a luxurious skin moisturiser.
I have not included any specific quantities or volumes because it entirely depends what moulds you want to use and how many coconut melts you want to make. Just use your best judgement, you can always add more coconut oil later, and nothing will be wasted.
You will need:
- Coconut oil (You can usually find big jars of it in your local supermarket, the stuff for cooking with is ideal)
- a pan if using the hob, or a microwavable bowl if zapping it
- a spoon
- Ice cube tray or moulds of your choice (silicone moulds works best).
- A small jar or old face cream tubs work too.
- Essential oil for a nice smell (I like lavender)
- Food colouring (I recommend just a tiny bit, to give a faint colour. If you make it too strong you could dye yourself when you use them!)
- Scoop the coconut oil into a pan or microwavable dish
- Gently heat the coconut oil (hob or microwave) stirring often until it has all melted (it will be a clear liquid once melted).
- Add a few drops essential oil and/or colour if desired and mix.
- Pour into your moulds.
- Leave to set either at room temperature or in the fridge.
- Once fully set, gently push free from the moulds and package however you like.
- TIP: Line your little gift boxes with greaseproof paper.
These easy little coconut melts can be used in so many different ways. Please be aware that they can make the bath and shower slippy so do be careful. They will also melt in warm places.
Need some packaging inspiration?
Check out Pinterest for thousands of ideas here.
If you enjoyed this post and want to hear about the newest articles join the Selkie Crafts VIP email group. You’ll also get a code for 15% off your first order. Join the club here!
Really spoil them by pairing these DIY coconut melts with a gorgeous Selkie Craft, all orders come ready to gift in a beautiful box.
If you learned something from this article please share the article on social media or save it for later! As a small business, I really appreciate your help getting my work in front of more people, so a huge THANK YOU!